This 4-day course is designed for new internal auditors and experienced internal auditors who require refresher training. Participants will complete an in-depth review of ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949:2016, and the tools to effectively prepare and conduct internal audits. Through individual participation and group exercises, participants will apply and audit the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 through case study activities that focus on industry-recognized auditing techniques.
In accordance with internal auditor competency requirements defined in IATF 16949 Section 7.2.3, participants are encouraged to complete the AIAG Core Tools Self-Assessment (CTSA) to assess proficiency in the core tools, prior to attending auditor training.
Recommended: Basic knowledge of the Customer Specific Requirements (CSRs) and the AIAG Core Tools.
- Identify linkages to quality management principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of and apply the automotive process approach to auditing, including risk-based thinking
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
- Identify the requirements applicable to an IATF 16949:2016 internal auditor
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and Customer Specific Requirements, including how to audit the applicable Customer specific requirements
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and the AIAG Core Tools
- Apply auditing skills according to ISO 19011:2018 for Internal Auditors
Copies of the IATF 16949:2016 and 9001:2015 publications are not included. However, the needed requirements text of 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016, with training commentary, will be included in the participant course materials/manual. Participants can obtain their own copy of ISO9001:2015 at ISO Store online and IATF 16949 Standard at IATF online
Who Should Attend:
- New internal auditors
- Quality Managers, Quality Engineers
- Experienced internal auditors who require transition training
- Individuals who want to apply for certification as an Exemplar Global-Certified QMS internal auditor
A prior review of the IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 standards. Knowledge of the Annex SL is recommended.
There are written tests and a final exam. Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for participants who are determined "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and participants will be given the opportunity to retake the portions of the course and applicable test(s) as necessary and as time permits.