“IATF 16949:2016 Requirements" Exemplar Global certified 2-day course is designed to provide participants with a basic knowledge and understanding of IATF16949:2016 and it’s base defined in ISO 9001:2015. Course participants will gain a working understanding of key automotive quality management concepts, including risk analysis and establishing objectives and targets.
The course structure uses presentations, individual and team-based exercises, exams and interactive discussions.
A qualified instructor (subject matter expert and experienced Lead Auditor) will lead participants to understanding the ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 standards and the basic knowledge of how to audit the requirements of these standards.
- Understand IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 management system definitions, concepts, and requirements
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and Customer Specific Requirements
- Identify linkages between IATF 16949:2016 requirements and the Core Tools
- Identify linkages to quality management principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process approach
- Demonstrate an understanding of risk-based thinking
Participants will receive applicable course and workbook manual/materials. Participants are required to provide their own copies of IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015, although, a summary of requirements text of 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016, with training commentary, will be included in the participant manual. Participants can obtain their own copy of ISO 9001:2015 at ISO Store online and IATF16949 Standard at IATF online
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting first party, second-party, or third-party audits
- Quality Managers
- Personnel responsible for auditing automotive quality management systems – 1st, 2nd and 3rd party auditors.
- Cross functional team members of an implementation project
- New members of the implementation team
- Representatives from key functional groups involved in the organization’s QMS.
A prior review of the IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 standards. Knowledge of the Annex SL is recommended.
There are written tests and exams on each of the competency units. Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for participants who are determined "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and participants will be given the opportunity to retake the portions of the course and applicable test(s).