"ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor" 4-day course instructs participants in the principles and practices of effective environmental management system (EMS) and process audits in accordance with the ISO 14000 family of standards and ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems".
Competent instructors (EMS Certified Lead Assessors) take participants through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Our SME instructors will help you to enhance your audit capabilities with knowledge and application of the 19011:2018 standard. Participants will attain necessary auditing skills through formal classroom presentations, written exercises, group breakout and role-playing sessions, and interactive discussions.
This course comprises the following three competency units:
- EM - Environmental Management Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
- TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
- Understand environmental management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 14000 family of standards
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Identify aspects and impacts
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening meetings
- Understand auditor responsibilities, competency requirements and auditor principles
- Understand audit program requirements
- Conduct all phases of an audit planning, auditor scheduling - adopting a risk-based approach
- Conduct on-site activities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Generate audit findings
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings
- Reporting audit results
- Conduct an audit follow-up
Students receive comprehensive course materials/ manuals. Note: Participants must bring their own copy of ISO 14001:2015 Standard. Participants can obtain a copy of the standard at ISO Store online
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting first party, second-party, or third-party audits
- Environmental Management Representatives
- EHS and Quality Directors
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Health, Safety, and Environmental Managers
- Cross functional team members of an implementation project
A prior review of the ISO 14001:2015 standard and internal audit experience is suggested for this course. Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for participants who are determined "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and participants will be given the opportunity to retake the portions of the course and applicable test(s).