EEI's “Health and Safety Management Systems Internal Auditor" 3-day course teaches the principles and practices of effective health and safety management systems and process audits in accordance with the ISO 45001 standard and ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems".
Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 45001:2018 and guide students through internal audits that are required for a health and safety management system. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom presentations, roleplaying, group workshops, and open class discussions.
This course includes the following two competency units:
- OHSM- Health and Safety Management
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
- Understand health and safety management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 45001:2018 standard
- Understand the process approach
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Understand audit program requirements per ISO 19011:2018
- Conduct audit activities according to ISO 19011:2018
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Understand auditor responsibilities, principles and competency requirements
- Identify types of audits
Participants receive applicable course manual/materials and workbook. Participants must provide their own copy of the ISO 45001:2018 Standard. Participants can obtain a copy of the standard at ISO Store online
Who Should Attend:
- Health & Safety Directors, Health & Safety Manager, personnel responsible for maintaining the Health & Safety Management System
- Internal and External Auditors – 1st, 2nd and 3rd party
- Cross functional team members of implementation projects
A prior review of the ISO 45001:2015 standard and an understanding of auditing principles is suggested for this course. Knowledge of the Annex SL is recommended.
Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for participants who are determined "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and participants will be given the opportunity to retake test(s).
Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for participants who are determined "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and participants will be given the opportunity to retake test(s) as time permits.