EEI's "ISO 45001:2018 Health & Safety Management Systems Team Leader" 4-day course teaches the principles and practices of effective health and safety management systems (HS) and process audits in accordance with ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems".
Experienced instructors guide participants through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a blend of formal classroom presentations, individual written exercises, role-playing group workshops, exams and open classroom discussions.
This course comprises the following three competency units:
- OHSM– Health & Safety Management Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
- TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 45001:2018 standard
- Identify and assess business, health and safety and process risks
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 new terminology and guidelines
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Understand audit program requirements per ISO 19011:2018
- Understand auditor responsibilities, principles of auditing and auditor competency requirements
- Conduct all phases of an audit adopting a risk-based approach, particularly in the section of audit planning
- Conduct on-site activities
- Understand the importance of identifying applicable compliance obligations
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Generate audit findings
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings
- Reporting audit results
- Conduct an audit follow-up
Participants receive applicable course materials/manual and workbook. Participants must provide their own copy of the ISO 45001:2018 standard. Participants can obtain a copy of the standard at ISO Store online
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting first party, second-party, or third-party audits
- Health & Safety Directors, Health & Safety Manager, other personnel responsible for maintaining the HSMS
- Internal and External Auditors
- Cross functional team members of an implementation project
A prior review of the ISO 45001:2018 standard and internal audit experience is suggested for this course. Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for participants who are determined "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and participants will be given the opportunity to retake test(s) as time permits.