EEI's "Quality Management Systems Internal Auditor" 3-day course teaches the principles and practices of effective quality management systems and process audits in accordance with the ISO 9000 series of standards and ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems".
Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 9001:2015 in detail and guide students through internal audits that are required for a quality management system. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom presentations, roleplaying, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following two competency units:
- QM - Quality Management Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
- Understand quality management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 9000 family of standards
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard
- Understand the process approach
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Understand audit program requirements
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Conduct audit activities according to ISO 19011:2018
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Understand auditor responsibilities and competency requirements
- Identify types of audits
Students receive comprehensive course manuals and workbooks. Students must provide their own copy of ISO 9001:2015 for this course. Participants can obtain a copy of the standard at ISO Store online
Who Should Attend:
- Quality Directors, Quality Manager, Quality Engineers, personnel responsible for maintaining the Quality Management System
- Auditors from other disciplines
- Health, Safety, and Environmental Managers
- Cross functional team members of implementation projects
A prior review of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and an understanding of auditing principles is suggested for this course. Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for participants who are determined to be "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s). Participants will be given the opportunity to retake applicable test(s) as time permits.